UEDA is a nonprofit membership association dedicated to making meaningful change in the city of Milwaukee and across Southeastern Wisconsin. Our group of diverse, active members help us harness the power of community and collaboration to invest in the economic development of our communities.
Membership is open to individual citizens, community-based organizations, financial institutions, private corporations, small businesses, foundations as well as government agencies.
We offer Corporate, Nonprofit/Governmental, Small Business, Individual, and Student Levels.
Benefits of Membership
Access to Networking, Professional Development and Funding Opportunities
We offer technical assistance and capacity building for our members who are growing their businesses or taking on new projects, including fostering connections with other UEDA members. We keep all members informed of important events and opportunities that help to fund or develop their projects or business. Members are invited to submit topics for us to cover at educational events or reach out with training suggestions.
Promotions of Your Events, Activities and Accomplishments
We offer opportunities for members to highlight their work to the media, on professional panels, and in other relevant spaces. We highlight events, activities and celebrate member accomplishments through our UEDA communication platforms, including our monthly e-newsletter (distributed to over 1,600 individuals), social media channels (over 1,300 followers) and in-person convenings. You are also provided access to UEDA’s listserv where you can push-out timely promotions, invitations or other calls to action.
Discounts/Fee Waivers to UEDA-hosted Events
We provide discounts to community and economic development events whenever possible, including UEDA’s Emerging Topic Series events (three per year), Carnival Milwaukee, Annual Community Gathering, and periodic training opportunities.
Invitations to Collaborate with UEDA and Other Members
Outside of networking and professional development opportunities, our members collaborate through programs including Take Root Milwaukee, Bank on Greater Milwaukee, Milwaukee Rental Housing Resource Center, and Small Business Affinity Group.
Is UEDA Membership a Good Fit?
- Are you interested in banking access, financial empowerment and economic inclusion?
- Would you work to create affordable housing development, homeownership programs and foreclosure mitigation?
- Do you invest in community development and activities that support strong and vibrant neighborhoods?
- Do you support commercial revitalization, small businesses and entrepreneurship?
- Are you interested in economic development, including job creation, regional cooperation, public transportation and workforce initiatives?
Nonprofits & Governmental
- AARP Wisconsin
- Acts Housing
- ArtWorks for Milwaukee
- Burleigh Street CDC
- City of Milwaukee DCD
- Community Advocates
- Congress for the New Urbanism, WI
- Consumer Credit Counseling Services (CCCS)
- Data You Can Use
- Gateway Business Association
- Greater Milwaukee Committee
- Groundwork Milwaukee
- Harbor District
- Historic King Drive BID
- Hmong Wisconsin Chamber of Commerce
- Independence First
- Latino Chamber of Commerce of SE WI
- LISC Milwaukee
- Menomonee Valley Partners
- Metropolitan Milwaukee Fair Housing Council
- Milwaukee 7
- Milwaukee Christian Center
- Milwaukee County Economic Development
- Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity
- Milwaukee Preservation Alliance
- Milwaukee Public Library
- My Choice Wisconsin
- Riverworks Development Corp.
- Sherman Park Community Association
- SBA Wisconsin
- The Business Council
- TMG Wisconsin
- United Methodist Children’s Services
- VIA CDC
- WI Department of Agriculture, Trade & Consumer Protection
- WI LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- WI Partnership for Housing Development
- WI Veterans Chamber of Commerce
- YWCA Southeast Wisconsin
- Center for Public Skills Training
- Community Insurance Info Center
- Diverse Dining
- GoodFlow Enterprises
- Goyke & Associates
- Jobs That Help
- Lloyd Consulting, Inc.
- Midwest Executive Realty
- P3 Development Group
Corporations & Funders
- Associated Bank, NA
- AT&T Wisconsin
- Forward Community Investments
- First Midwest Bank
- Greater Milwaukee Association of REALTORS
- Johnson Financial Group
- JPMorgan Chase
- Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corp. (MGIC)
- Mueller Communications
- PNC Bank
- U.S. Bank
- Zilber Family Foundation
Individuals & Students
- Amy Turim
- Barbara Markoff
- Bob Berlan
- Brittany Thome
- Carol Maria
- Dan Brophey
- Evan Goyke
- Clarissa Ortiz
- Gary Korb
- George Calaway
- Julia O’Connor
- Kathryn Berger
- Kurt Paulsen
- Leo Ries
- Lynnea Katz-Petted
- Montavius Jones
- Rusty Borkin
- Sara Daleiden
- Sarah Greenberg