Welcome to UEDA
Urban Economic Development Association (UEDA) of Wisconsin
1915 N. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Suite 260
Milwaukee, WI 53212
Phone: (414) 562-9904
Join the UEDA Community – get engaged with the work that we do.
Become a Member, follow us on social media, signup to receive emails
about upcoming events, or support UEDA with a tax-deductible
contribution and more.
- Join UEDA: Learn about the benefits of becoming a UEDA Member
- Social Media: Stay in touch with us – see what UEDA and its Members are up to on Facebook and Twitter.
- UEDA Community News: See the latest newsletter, visit our blog and more
- Email List: Make sure you’re in the know when it comes to UEDA events and activities
- MKE123: UEDA is a member of this “Gathering Place for Greater Milwaukee Nonprofits and Friends” – View our profile here
Connect to UEDA projects, initiatives and events! The following links will take you to places where UEDA does its work – using our skills and expertise to coordinate and facilitate efforts that build bridges across community and regional lines.
- Carnival Milwaukee: UEDA’s annual
fundraiser is “a party with a purpose” and brings together a
large diverse population each February to celebrate our
diversity with a night of food, live entertainment and fun that
highlights our cultural treasures and local businesses. Learn
www.carnivalmilwaukee.com and see photos
from last year’s event here.
- Coalition for Advancing Transit: A regional
coalition of over 310 members that represents individual
citizens, local businesses, labor organizations, environmental
and community groups, faith-based organizations and civic
leaders who believe that a vibrant, modern regional transit
system is needed to ensure the economic viability of SE WI. In
addition, regional transit provides a vital link connecting
thousands of workers to jobs. The Coalition formed in October
2008 as a result of UEDA’s Community Development Summit; UEDA
provides administrative support and assistance to their efforts
to support a regional transit agenda. Learn more at
- Take Root Milwaukee: A group of over 32 members that work collaboratively to preserve and promote sustainable, diverse neighborhoods by encouraging and maintaining homeownership. Take Root Milwaukee members include mortgage lenders, nonprofit housing counseling agencies, Realtors and other individual community partners that have pledged to uphold industry standards in the delivery of services and promote the use of homeownership education. UEDA is the administrative agency for Take Root Milwaukee, which was formed in 2009 as a result of Mayor Tom Barrett’s Milwaukee Foreclosure Partnership Initiative. Learn more at www.takerootmilwaukee.org or view Take Root Milwaukee's 2011 Impact Report.